Thursday, August 4, 2011

Planter Water Feature-GoodWill FInd!


GoodWill Find:  Tarnished copper table top fountain. $6.99

Transformation:  Simple water feature for the deck.

TIme:
2 hours scrubbing the yucky mineral deposits off of the fountain.
20 minutes arranging the elements in the pot.
10 seconds to plug it in.
2 hours totally wasting time sitting on the deck listening to the splashing water.

This was so simple!
Try it!


I love the idea of a water features.
 The Sweetwater Daughter has a waterfall!






 My brother and sister-in-law build water features and have an amazing pond and waterfall at Willow Ridge Gardens.

Several of our friends have beautiful fountains in their yards that make me soooo jealous!

Mr. S  says, "We don't need a fountain.  The pond in the backyard is the water feature!"
Maybe so, but I still wanted a fountain!

I have found all kinds of plans for building fountains in planters.  In all honesty, when I look at the plans they give me a headache!  The plans involve way too much work, supplies and time to do.

Now using the little copper fountain, some Bar Keeper's Friend, a planter I already had and some plants.... I have my fountain!

It looks like I need to find some paint to touch up the planter....that's what happens when you blog...all the little imperfections in life are out there for YOU to see!

So keep your eyes open the next time you are out at a garage sale or GoodWill....or maybe you have a little fountain tucked away in your closet.
Or....GASP you could always go buy a little fountain!


Have a great Thursday!









11 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

Hi! I saw your post over at "Thrify and Fabuless" party. There IS something about the sound of babbling water isn't there? I'm glad you took two hours out just to listen to your great little fountain. I had an outside fountain a few years ago but it was too much maintenance for me. Yours looks like a managable size. You get the sound without a lot of headaches.

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

There is definitely something so calming about the sound of a fountain. This turned out great. Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF link party!

bj said...

I've always wanted one, too.
Love yours.
xo bj

Erika said...

That turned out amazing! Don't you just love Goodwill? I'll be featuring this on the upcoming thrifty thursday link party. Hope to see you again this week :)

Crystal said...

Oh, I am jealous! :) I have wanted a small fountain for a while! What a great find at Goodwill! It looks beautiful! Thanks so much for linking this up! :)
Crystal
Homemaker in Heels

Natasha in Oz said...

This is a great idea! Thanks for linking it up to my Pinning & Singing on the weekend Linky Party!

Hope you have a great weekend.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Awesome idea!! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Well that was a GOOD Good Will find! :) You really fancied it up nice! Thanks for sharing your planter/fountain on Fancy This Fridays!!

abeachcottage said...

The looks really lovely and what a great find!

Rufus Cole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
happiday said...

I think the planter looks great 'distressed'. No touch-up needed. Do you think Goodwill has a stash of these fountains so I can find one, too? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...